The first White Cloud United Methodist Church was dedicated in 1885. The site where the church is located was purchased June, 1883 from Wilcox Lumber Company for the sum of one dollar.
In the early years the attendance was small and the six-hundred dollars that paid the minister annually was very hard to raise. December of 1950 the major portion of the church was destroyed by a fire. While the loss of the church was a server blow to the whole community, it also served to unite the church and the community. Contributions were received from the Seventh Day Baptist Church, Swedish Mission, People's Baptist Church, Mennonite Church, and St. Joseph's Catholic Church.
January 1954 the church was completed. The altar window of stain glass was installed in memory of Miss Nora Mast, a beloved school teacher and member of the church.
The decision to build a new church was made to the West Michigan Conference in September of 1990. Ground was broken on April, 1999 at 1:30 pm for the new church building. The first worship service was celebrated on Easter of 2000.