Interpreter is the award-winning ministry magazine for lay and clergy leaders in local United Methodist churches across the United States. Articles in the magazine connect you to:
- Other United Methodist leaders;
- Ideas and Resources to Use in Your Ministry.
Published six times each year by United Methodist Communications, each issue includes a cover package of features providing ideas and resources addressing an area of interest or concern to local churches.
Topics addressed regularly include:
- Technology in the Church
- Developing New Lay and Clergy Leaders
- Starting New Congregations and Revitalizing Existing Ones
- Ministry with the Poor
- Global Health
Other articles frequently address spiritual growth, worship and special days in The United Methodist Church, missions and outreach, Christian education, ministry with different age groups, and other avenues of ministry and mission that local churches can do alone or as part of the United Methodist connection.
Issues also contain these popular departments:
- "It Worked for Us" -- success stories from local churches;
- Idea Mart -- helpful stories of resources from agencies and institutions of The United Methodist Church;
- Church Rethought -- United Methodists answering the question "What if?";
- The World Is My Parish -- life-changing stories from United Methodists around the world;
- Letters -- thought-sharing from Interpreter readers;
- UMC 101 -- the basics of United Methodism;
- Lighter Fare -- healthy recipes and humorous stories;
- And much, much more.
Interpreter welcomes suggestions for stories and letters to the editor from its readers.
All United Methodist clergy and seven lay leaders in each local church are entitled to receive Interpreter as a benefit of congregations' support of the World Service Fund. Congregations update their list of recipients annually. You can reach all of these leaders easily by advertising in Interpreter.